Love me for me.

Love me, not because you see my pretty face.
But because only you can read the emotions that flit across it.
Love me, not because I'm well read.
But because of how my smile never leaves when I'm holding a new book.
Love me, not because I was taught to be a good wife.
But because when I clean my house I feel complete. And when I cook you dinner I feel like I could accomplish world peace.
Love me, not because my words move you.
But because I can write and be honest with myself.
Love me, not because I paint my nails.
But because I'm not afraid to get dirt under them when I am gardening.
Love me, not because you think I'm cute when I say I miss my blanket.
But because it really does comfort me to have it.
Love me, not because I have lived everywhere.
But because each town and home holds good and bad memories and they make me who I am.
Love me, not because I believe in God.
But because I struggle each day to understand him and make him my friend.
Love me, not because we can talk about anything.
But because I really try to understand where you are coming from.
Love me, not because I made the effort to find my father.
But because it still kills me that I lost him for so long.
Love me, not because I cry easily.
But because my tears are genuine and can't be controlled.
Love me, not because I carry pen and paper everywhere.
But because I search for the perfect pen and writing book.
Love me, not because I am the force of a tornado.
But because I truly am a mess.
Love me, not because I love the rain.
But because when I am standing in it and feeling it run down my body, I am truly happy.
Love me, not because I'm an animal person.
But because I know it's my job to love each creature.
Love me, not for what I say that makes you smile.
But for what I don't say that would make you cry.
Love me, not because I am a cheerful person.
But because when I have a day full of tears I know I will be happy again.
Love me, not because I promised you forever.
But because I worry everday that I will not be able to live up to it.
Love me, not for what I have overcome.
But for what I have yet to deal with.
Love me, not for what I have fixed about myself.
But because I know I am still broken and that only I can fix myself.
Love me, not because of how I turn you on.
But because of how nervous I get when I make love.

Love me, Just love me for me.
Love me for the imperfect mess of a woman that I am.
Love me.
Or leave me alone.


Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: