I wear Teal.

September is Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome Awareness Month.
Do you know what PCOS is?
You should. Because 1 in 10 woman are diagnosed with PCOS.
I am one of those woman.
PCOS is a systemic endocrine and metabolic disorder that affects the whole body. Woman with PCOS have a much higher risk of diabetes, ovarian cancer, endometrial cancer and breast cancer. There is currently no cure for PCOS.
PCOS appears to be an inherited condition. If your sister has had PCOS, you may want to be checked for the syndrome. Likewise, if you have or have had PCOS, your sister should probably be tested.

PCOS symptoms are often different for each woman. It is a complicated disorder with many possible signs and symptoms. The increase in androgens contributes to many of the symptoms that women experience. Because androgens are hormones which cause the typical male characteristics, many of the symptoms cause a distressing change in appearance. Depression is common as a result.

For me PCOS is incredibly painful, sometimes daily. I am on 7 different prescription medications, 4 just for the pain. It completely screws up your hormones, and since your hormones regulate your whole body, you never know if something is really wrong with you or if it's just a side effect of the PCOS.
I was officially diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago. 1 year ago I was told I have Cancer cells forming in my Ovaries and Uterus.
For me, for you, for a friend, for a family member, for a random stranger....Wear a button proudly for the month of September! I will also be changing my font color to Teal for the month!
If you have any questions about PCOS or if you would like to find online support groups please email me @ whimsical_miss@yahoo.com




Life As I See It









Life As I See It










Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

sami said...

i want to get one of those shirts or neckless. my grandma died from ovarian 6 yrs ago this December coming up its s sad thing that they dont have cures yet

Kimberly Walker said...

Hey Hun! Just workin on my weekly Naughty list and wonderin if you're sendin the code?!

Great PCOS post... I'm gonna steal some of the banners and participate, as I didn't realise it was PCOS month. Gonna copy your button in my post as well since I originally saw it on ur blog.

All the best,
Kim

Donda said...

I have never heard of that. I had a dermoid cyst on my ovary that I had to have removed 11 years ago...it caused pain and crazy symptoms.

JoJo said...

Loving the teal and loving the awareness!

BikiniMommy said...

I have PCOS too, I haven't had many issues with it yet but I am afraid of developing more symptoms as I get older. I just try to stay in the best shape I can. At least I LOVE the color teal!

dailyupdate said...

This post is really the best on this valuable topic.
ওভারি সিস্ট