Some people take life too seriously!

Some of you might remember THIS post from a few days ago, where I posted a picture of an email I received saying I had been nominated for a SAHM blog award.
MANY people googled this and said it looked fishy to them, to which I whole heartedly agreed! I did some research by googling it and found that other's had received this same email and found it fishy too! I posted on a couple of people's blogs talking about it and someone emailed me back! I kinda feel bad for her!

"Thank you for your concern, but technically, it's not an award...yet. It's just a nomination, so I would expect other blogs to receive the same nomination. In fact, I would expect many, many other blogs to receive notifications of being nominated as they have different categories - mine being in the Stay-At-Home-Mom division. And you really don't need to "google" it, as the notice came with a website: Bloggingawards.org, which fully explains who they are and what they're about.

Good Luck with you nom and continued success with your blog!
Sincerely,
Lotti Bosko
"Honest To Pete" blog"

Ok Now I can admit that she has a couple valid points. But this email made me laugh! I get the feeling that she REALLY wants to believe in this. But looking at her blog makes me feel that this is all the more fishy! She has been blogging since March/2010 That's only a few months. She barely has a page and a half of blog posts and only two are about being a mom.
Maybe I am just to cynical, but I feel she is deluded.
And you really don't need to "google" it, as the notice came with a website: Bloggingawards.org, which fully explains who they are and what they're about.
SORRY! But I learned from my BFF Nikki that you google everything that sounds too good to be true!
Supposedly none of you have heard of this company but they claim one of you nominated me. SO.... Ya I'm a skeptic.
I emailed www.bloggingawards.org and we shall see if they reply back with answers to my questions.



Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Laina said...

yeah this sounds weird to me too. And the moment you hear someone say you don't need to google something, there's a big red flag right there. And googling things is how most people learn anything these days.