Old Dirt Road.

Small town shining, down this old dirt road.
My memory's saying something, but I don't know.
It's the sweetest little dream.
Going home and finding me.
This old dirt road is calling me,
Calling me home.
Never know what you might find.
Not even sure where it will take me this time.
But it smells so sweet,
and feels like home.
Cool greens and warm yellows.
Soft browns and true blues.
Colors of my home.
Wrap myself up in them like a blanket,
ready to keep me safe.
Wishin you were here to see me learn and feel at home.
Hopin this old dirt road will call to you too.
Call you home.

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Christopher said...

That was really sweet and touching. Makes me want to call Mom or something.

Allie said...

This is so pretty! It sounds so innocent, I love it.