Cigarettes- The Wreckers



Got my headlights shining,
Down an old dirt road.
Smoke my cigarettes.
I should quit, I know.
The radio's playing,
Old Country songs.
Someone's leaving,
Someone's cheating,
On and on.
I think I might like
The quiet nights.
Of this empty life.
'Cause someday, maybe,
Somebody will love me like I need.
And someday I won't have to prove,
'Cause somebody will see
All my worth but until then
I'll do just fine on my own.
With my cigarettes,
And this old dirt road.
See I left another
Good man tonight.
I wonder if he'll miss me.
Lord knows I tried.
But I think that maybe
The thing that I did wrong.
Was put up with his bullshit
For far too long.
I ain't gonna sleep.
I don't wanna dream.
About this things that I used to need.
I ain't gonna cry.
Or go on living lies.
I'm just gonna drive.
'Cause someday, maybe
Somebody will love me.
Someday I won't have to prove
All my worth but until then
I'll do just fine on my own.
With my cigarettes.

Ohh

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Eva said...

You have no idea how much this song speaks to me. I love it.