Musings



VOILA! I am now a brunette. lol. Well more like a burgundy brunette. But still...I have been blonde for 2 straight years....I got bored.
This weekend was mildly entertaining. Have I mentioned that there are 6 people living in my house? Three of them sleep on my couch. A couple, Paul and Jazz. And Paul's Cousin "Lumpy" No one calls him by his real name, and I am not quite sure what it even is.
Anywho...needless to say things are a bit stressful right now. Money is TIGHT! And that is putting it mildly. We are waiting on a JINORMOUS check to come in to pay off some bills and go to Arizona for a week to check out a job offer there. Until then it's hard not to be at each other's throats. My car died 3 weeks ago, as of yet I don't have the 2 grand it will cost to replace the transmission. So we don't really go anywhere. We swim pretty much every day to get the energy and anxiety out. But it's really easy to let the every day things overwhelm you.
Last night Jazz and Paul got into one doozy of a fight. Seth and I can see where both sides are right and wrong. And yet in this fight there is one side more in the wrong than the other. But we really try to stay neutral and only get involved when they get loud enough for Caden to hear. But still...Jazz is gonna go to her parents house a few hours a way for a week or so. No one can say for sure if she will come back or not and that's kinda scary. I don't want her to go.
But the one thing I have noticed through these last few months and all of the mini fights and such is how level headed Seth can be. He really sees the whole picture of something. I DON'T GET IT!!! This isn't the dumbass 18 year old I married 6 years ago. He is becoming just like his dad. Which I am the first to admit is AMAZING! But it's weird. I'm so used to being the adult, and constantly trying to get him to do the right thing. And I am very used to being the one whoe is always striving after personal growth. Here he is.....uber mature in a matter of moments. I am finding I respect him in a way that's very foreign to me. When we have imature moments here at the house Seth is the one who breaks things up and EVERYONE listens to him. He has this commanding voice and everyone just does what he says. It's kinda scary!
no it's really nice. He is 24 and he is more grown up then some people I know. I can't help but wish he had been this person last year though. It would have saved me from a lot of heartache. Perhaps I wouldn't have lost two good friends either.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments: