City of Bones



You made your choice, and I'll move on. Trading one heartbreak for another.
Pain has such a beautiful edge when you're in love with someone who sees themselves as broken.
You were never going to tell me you loved me, and not for any of the romantic reasons I had in my head. Simply because I scare you.
And so you'll sink and settle into someone familiar, who's kiss isn't fireworks in your skin, but who's good enough to mostly kill the sting of loneliness.
You're scared and you're closing the door.
A city of bones, and not the first time I've cried in that airport.
Not the first time I've moved out of a heart I thought was a home.
I was happy in this harbor, and now I'm cut loose. Floating alone and confused.
The winds are whipping waves up.
But the harder they hit me, the less I seem to bruise.
Adrift, I had no idea you had become an anchor to me.
I'll pretend this doesn't hurt, and you'll pretend you don't care.
And we'll both pretend to move on.


I've built walls
A fortress, steep and mighty
That none may penetrate
I have no need of friendship
Friendship causes pain.

I am a rock
I am an island
And a rock feels no pain
And an island never cries



Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: