Sunday, April 11, 2010

Nag Nag Nag

I have been trying to make changes recently. Trying to at least see behind What's not working. But I have come to a spot where I am stumped.
I have always prided myself on not being a nagging wife. If Seth asks, or the situation warrants it, I will tell him how I feel, and then what he chooses to do about it is his own decision.  I don't feel the need to remind him over and over again what I already said.
But Seth wants to be reminded over and over. I have different ideas why that is. But even when I am told to remind... I still feel like I'm nagging.
AND I HATE THAT!!!
If Seth is watching tv and I ask him to put his dirty clothes in the laundry and he says he'll do it in a minute, and then twenty minutes later when it's not done and I do it myself, he gets irritated that I didn't remind him.
But if it's something I need done right then and I remind him to please please do it...he gets irritated.

This is one of those daily frustrations that I hate dealing with. I'm not a nagging/remindering kind of person. It makes me crazy.

So, In a very Carrie Bradshaw-esque voice,

When are you crossing the line between reminding and nagging?




1 comments: