Sunday, January 3, 2010

You Pull Away.


You hold yourself back from me.
One carefully measured step.
I can feel it.
Even though you think I can't.
It scares me.
Please don't make me fight for you.

I think too much.
We both know it.
I over analyze it all.
But only I know how much that destroys me.

You think I need you too much.
I think you don't know that I'm what you need.
I tell myself it doesn't matter.
We have time.
You'll see.
But I feel it when you pull away.
And I wonder if you will take the time.

You pull away.
And I doubt you.
Then I hate myself.
It doesn't matter, we have time.
I repeat it till I believe it again.

1 comments:

Eva O'Dell said...

It's hard when you have to say it over and over just to believe it. Hopefully someday you do, or stop trying. Love the picture with this post.