Please Miss Me.


I'm trying not to think of you.
(This isn't fair!)
I'm desperately holding myself back from starting a conversation with you.
(Please don't make me wait!)
I think of ways to nonchalantly message you
so that you can't help but picture me,
and maybe even miss me a little.
(I hope you think of me.)

But no. I won't bend first.
Not this time.
I want my absence to be a void in your life.
A hole so noticeable that you can't help
but jump into it and ache for me.

And then you can sit here and wonder.
Wonder what I'm doing.
Wonder if I'm thinking of you.
And wonder how to fix things.

I know what I want now.
"A love that I would fight for and give my life for."
I know what I expect now.
"A man who loves me enough that he won't make me fight for him."

I have no need to settle for less.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

Eva said...

"I want my absence to be a void in your life." This is a powerful statement. One I have felt as well.

MissCrystal said...

Don't you hate that? When you feel the absence of someone so clearly...and yet all you can do is sit there and wait to see if they feel the same when you stop putting yourself right in their path at every chance?
It's humiliating. It makes me re-evaluate all the people in my life and hope that I have never made them feel like this.

Eva said...

I hadn't thought about it on the other side. I wonder if I have made anyone feel like that? Hmm... a lot to think about.

stardust said...

wow its sensational !!
this is exactly how I'm feeling right now.... you have a way with words...
got so much to learn from you :)
thank you for yet another great poem !!

stardust said...

Yes even I agree with Eva, "I want my absence to be a void in your life"... It struck the right chord...