Health Update


I have been thinking a lot the last few days about my blog and what I want from it. And it made me realize that I have not talked about my health at all.
For those of you who read my blog regularly you know I suffer from a Hormone disease called PCOS. I got a letter from my doctor a week or so ago informing me that the tests they did last month came back negative and I do not have cervical cancer! I will still do testing every 6 months to keep an eye on the spreading pre cancer cells but still this is good news.
(Nikki and I both did screaming jump hugs!!! Which rocked even though we are 2000 miles apart.)
I am still losing weight thanks to the Metformin. Since I refuse to own a scale I don't know how much but I think I am down to a size 12. Which is 4 sizes less than I was 3 months ago. (Yes I realize I just told everyone how heavy I was before...but I am learning to be ok with it.)
I have been off the Welbutrin.....yes you hear me right....for a month now. And I'm doing ok. My emotions have been right up front recently...which I think has been the reason for all of my poetry the last 2 weeks. And I have had some nightmares. So I might get back on it at the beginning of the year.
My ovarian pain has been manageable. I am hoping that has something to do with the weight loss. Dr. Gillot has said that if I get small enough many of my symptoms will probly vanish. I can't even imagine that! But it sounds amazing.
In closing I leave you with Alfred Loyd Tennyson:

"Tears, idle tears, I know not what they mean.
Tears from the depth of some divine despair.
Rise in the heart, and gather to the eyes,
in looking at the happy autumn fields,
and thinking of the days that are no more."

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Eva said...

I'm glad to hear the test was negative. I will be sending you wishes to keep getting better every day. Thank you for sharing your struggle with us through your blog.

MissCrystal said...

Thank you for caring enough to read it! If I didn't have my blog I would sink with the weight of it all. But kind comments like yours make it worth it! And hopefully I will find more woman with my disease that I can inspire as well.