Golden eyes

The girl with the golden eyes.
She speaks to me in French,
and tells me that she loves me.
Though I hardly know her I let her in my veins.
Trust her with my life.
I have never even kissed her,
but I can't resist her.
Every time she whispers
"Take me in your arms like you did last night.
Everything will be alright."

The girl with the golden eyes.
Though I hardly know her
I let her swim in my veins.
I trust her with my heart.

I wish I had never kissed her,
because now I can't resist her.
The girl with the golden eyes.

Every time she whispers,
"Take me in your arms,
the way you did last night"
Everything will be ok.
I know.
Everything will be alright.

The girl with the golden eyes.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

Eva said...

This reminds me of a struggle my sister had with drugs at one point in her life. It may not be what it is about but I think of that. It is fitting for any addiction, love or otherwise.

MissCrystal said...

I had a friend who once battled drug abuse. And he always called it "gold". But as a compliment he called me the "Golden eyed girl". Some of this is lines he would say. Thankfully for me he beat his drug abuse and is living a healthy life to this day.

Eva said...

Thankfully for me she beat it too. I love your work, it speaks to me in ways I can't speak it myself.

The Solitary Writer said...

frankly speaking i am in love with your poetries

and i am promoting your blog on my fan page in facebook

golden eyd girl...amazing...will dig ur blog fr more poems soon... loved it

nd followed ur blog too

MissCrystal said...

Solitary Writer:
"I'm a kind of person who has the unique tendency to make people smile even when they are immersed in deep sorrow."

I believe your profile says it all. thank you so much for taking the time to leave me your kind words. You have truly made my day today!

The Solitary Writer said...

No worries dear.
As long as I see good work then I would keep promoting their work ... I am glad I came through your site through one of my blog friends blog...I m glad I made your day

god bless !

Love,
TSW