Watching a movie with Caden. (Or trying to...)


Seth had to work tonight so Caden and I ordered pizza and settled in to watch a movie.
I had 1951's Showboat on the DVR, staring Ava Gardner.
I just love old movies!!
And Caden enjoys the singing and dancing too.
However my son talks...a lot.
My son...Go figure!
Want to know how much?
Well I took notes...ENJOY!!

Did you know I can't learn anything without my brain?
***
That song wasn't my favorite.
***
I just remembered that the river travels to PaPa and Bella's house.
***
The guy dances great but the girl isn't my favorite.
***
PaPa loves singing you know.
***
We're not black. But we are a tan family. But daddy's white like PaPa.
***
Girls are always smarter than boys huh?
***
I know how to make an X!
***
SHOWBOAT SHOWBOAT SHOWBOAT!
***
~makes car driving noises~
***
What is this show all about?
***
-17 Minute mark-
***
Can we watch a movie now?
***
No I meant a good movie.
***
Oh I watched a new funny video at school today.
***
Why is she singing?
***
There is always a lot of singing in your movies.
***
Why are they dancing?
***
Who is singing now?
***
No mommy, he's not black he's brown.
(Man singing "Old Man River.")
***
Is this the end?
***
-40 minute mark-
***
How many toes do I have if one  gets chopped off?
***
Tell me about the book we read last night?
***
Did you know that fish stink?
***
Her dress is ugly.
***
I can burp and O sound!
***
Do you remember how much batteries my leapster needs?
***
Is it over yet?
***
-55 minute mark-
***
When I flap my arms I still can't fly. Can I have a propeller?
***
Do you know what skittles are?
***
What's batting eyes?
***
I love my cars blanket.
***
- 1 hour 4 minutes mark-
***
Can I watch one of my movies after this?
***
Was I at your wedding?
***
Oh, then was I in your tummy?
***
What did your wedding look like then?
***
I'm calling my arm Zuchinni!
***
The good night show is on at night, and it's night. Sooooooo?
***
ZUCHINNI ZUCHINNI ZUCHINNI!!!
***
Aw! Her husband's heading west? That's so sad!!!
***
Who is that girl? Is she the one man's wife?
***
I'm gonna do a cool dance!
***
I'm gonna be a rockstar when I grow up!
***
-1 hour 17 minute mark-
***
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
***
Is it almost over?
***
Big sigh
***
I wish I could meet her! She's a good dancer!
***
I want to see a showboat!
***
That's a pretty cool magic trick!
***
Can he make my chopped off toe magic back?
***
ZUCHINNI ZUCHINNI ZUCHINNI!!!
***
Why is he kissing her?
***
Aw the Daddy came back to save her.
***
YAY ITS THE END!!!
***
I really loved that movie mommy!

My son the spaz. I am worn out just from answering questions!!! I had to take a picture of my notes from the movie. I just sat there while watching it and wrote down everythng he said.

Lol Can't wait for the next movie night!!


Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

JenH said...

omg that was so funny! I showed kevin and he was dying laughing! Caden is so hilarious!

Copyboy said...

That is a brilliant post!!!!! You have to do more of those. Heck, you have to write a book from those. I like the "is this the end" halfway through. haha

SB said...

wow, that was a real brain induced movie night. lol