Take a Walk with Me.

Take a walk with me love.

You say you can't get enough.
Well you won't, till I can open the door
and give you more of me.
And the silence in my steps,
as I tiptoe around the rest,
Makes me wish you would pull me in
and kiss me again, my friend.
You and your silly games.
And you're not tired.
You could chase me around and debate
here and again.
No lies between us.
Although I am afraid,
I can see that you're the rain.
The rain is gentle some days.
It can clean off the mess that winter made.
The rain can clean away all the years of doubt,
and the tears that were shed.
So look up please.
Shine a little bit of hope to me now.
Let me know that there's a season for all.
And a season to call you my love.
This rain will wash me clean.
I know.
And when it does, I'll be right beside you.
Holding on. Holding on.
This rain will wash us clean.
I know.
And when it does, I'll be right beside you.
Holding on. Holding on.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Eva said...

That was beautiful. The idea of the rain washing you clean and being there with someone after the storm. That's love.