Reflections


Reflections
"Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me?
When will my reflection show who I am inside?"

Reflections of me. They ripple like sprinkles in water.
I do my best to tread softly so they don't show too much.

But they are there!

Insecurities. Impurities. Fallacies.

I cover them up. Layering on makeup.
Hoping my languid eyes mesmerize you enough
to glaze over the rough spots.
I smile too prettily for you not to love me.
The pure notes from my voice convinces you.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

Eva said...

My reflection is different to me than anyone else, I see the truth.

MissCrystal said...

Exactly. But the truth is too scary for me to let anyone else see.

stardust said...

love it....
this is exactly what we tend to do most of the times....