Monday, December 28, 2009

Reflections


Reflections
"Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me?
When will my reflection show who I am inside?"

Reflections of me. They ripple like sprinkles in water.
I do my best to tread softly so they don't show too much.

But they are there!

Insecurities. Impurities. Fallacies.

I cover them up. Layering on makeup.
Hoping my languid eyes mesmerize you enough
to glaze over the rough spots.
I smile too prettily for you not to love me.
The pure notes from my voice convinces you.

3 comments:

Eva O'Dell said...

My reflection is different to me than anyone else, I see the truth.

-MissC* said...

Exactly. But the truth is too scary for me to let anyone else see.

stardust said...

love it....
this is exactly what we tend to do most of the times....