I've dreamed of you so much


I've dreamed of you so much you're losing your reality.
Is there still time to reach that living body and kiss your sweet mouth,
the home of the voice so dear to me?


I've dreamed of you so much that my arms, accustomed to being
crossed
on my breast while hugging your shadow, would perhaps
not bend to
the shape of your body.
And, faced with the real appearance of what has taken possession
of my
dreams and ruled me for years now, I would probably become
a
shadow.

~O Sentimental Balances!~

I have dreamed of you so much it's no longer right for me to awaken.
I sleep standing up, my body exposed to all signs of life and love and
you-
the only one who matters to me now.

But I would be less able to touch your face and lips than the face and
lips
of the firs woman who came along. I've dreamed of you so much,
walked with you so much, spoken and
lain with your phantom that
perhaps nothing more is left of me than
to become a phantom among
phantoms and a hundred times more
shadow than the shadow that
walks and will joyfully walk on the sundial of your
life.
-William Kulik 1901



I pulled out some of my old writing books from when I was 15 and 16...Just to relive some favored memories and I came across this poem. I loved this poem so much that I knew it by heart.
I would lay in bed at night, and stare up at the moon. Pieces of it would float behind my eyes, and I would think of the boy I loved.
And I would hope and wonder if he was thinking about me too.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments: